Friday, November 28, 2008

Catching up

Snork,

My goodness it has been a long time since I have last posted. Not sure where to start.

Well, how about the emergency room? The night before Thanksgiving I came down with a horrendous bladder infection. It was just this immediate, intense pain and it sucked so badly. I called the emergency dr's line and they said they wouldn't call in an Rx without being seen, but guess what? All the walk-in clinics and dr's office were closed for two days bc of Thanksgiving. Fantastic. So we ended up going to the ER, getting Macrobid after senseless poking and prodding, waiting, unnecessary tests, and of course, a pelvic exam. Um, why is it that every doctor thinks that your vagina is the problem? I have a bladder infection. Bladder. The pisstest came back positive. Why would we assume anything else was a problem? It was a lot of unnecessary bs but at least Chris was there with me to read articles about ghost hunting from the outdated magazines in the room and look awkward while some lady climbs inside my netherregions. While in the room I was wondering if people had died in it. Or if people in really bad condition went straight to the ICU? Like if the view I had laying down on the bed was the last anyone had ever seen. And if so, it really distressed me that the light above the bed had dust all over the metal arm anchoring it to the ceiling.

The baby hates the doppler. They put it on my belly to test for the fetal heart tones and there was the CRASH WHOOSH sound that blares out when he twists away from it. I think it makes a high-pitched noise or something. I felt him move as we heard that noise. That was cool. Oh did I say I have been feeling the baby? I have! It is like someone blowing bubbles up at my skin every now and then. I think I might have said that. Also, we find out for sure on 12/10 if the baby has a penis or vagina. It is going to be weird if it's a girl and I have to totally retrain my brain to think of the baby as a girl.

I can now feel him move when I press down on the tummy skin! It was the only good part of the ER night. I was laying in bed at 4.30 am after getting back and totally feeling horrible and I pressed on my stomach and he pressed back. I felt him! It cheered me up. Especially since the night not only contained pain and exhaustion but also family drama.

Yesterday, Thanksgiving, Chris made brisket (we aren't big turkey fans) and potatoes and broccoli casserole. It was so yummy. I was feeling very bad yesterday and I was glad he took care of things. I felt like I had the flu on top of the bladder stuff. I think it was from being up so late in the ER. I just can't be under that kind of stress and exhaustion when pregnant. It literally incapacitates me.

Hmm what else. Saw Nada Surf at Emo's and they rocked. Had an idyllic time with Daddy in small town TX, Gruene. We talked for hours by the river with my head in his lap and ate a wonderful dinner outside. The weather was perfect.

Animals crazy as usual. Miette has been sleeping like a person:






Love,

Belly, Inc

ps I realize I talked about you in third person during this entry. Sorry. Mwah.

No comments: