Thursday, August 28, 2008

Raindrops keep falling on my head

Hi Nood,

This first part of the email I wrote yesterday but didn't post until now:

Today marks the official day of my "missed period." You are so full of joie de vie that you showed up much earlier than most babies on preggo tests. I can already tell you're going to be a handful.

So I had my second class today. I did not anticipate the excess traffic that comes with all the students being back for school and therefore was 20 mins late. My teacher, who seems nice enough, gave me a surly look as a skulked into the room. This class has to do with research methods and could actually be interesting for a nerd such as myself. When I came in she told me to tell everyone about myself. I was still panting from hiking you and I up the huge hill that leads from the parking lot to the building, and said a generic response about it being my first full semester, and blah blah. It crossed my mind to blurt out that I just found out I'm knocked up, but I managed to control myself. Would have been amusing though. When I left class it started raining this massive, plump raindrops. I love that kind. I even like being in the rain...but I was rushing as fast as I could in my flip-flops when it started downpouring and nearly tripped a couple of times. Sorry about that. There were all these college kids running around and this one young woman on a bike wearing a tiny bikini streamed across the traffic. She reminded me of a mermaid coming from the sea with the rain pouring down and her long hair. I will post some pictures of the rain later, Chris drove away with camera in car, grrrr.

So the 'astronomy picture of the day' looks like what I'd imagine to be going on inside my womb:

No comments: