Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hotdog diaries

Noodle,

So class was really far away. Round Rock which is like over the river and through the woods. My teacher was incredibly chatty but very nice, intelligent and passionate. I have to give two presentations, scary! The first one will be around the time that we finish the first trimester of your gestation. So I should be invigorated with happiness about that.

On the way home I stopped at this store you will most likely be taken to many times with me: Target. It is an Achilles heel. I am not a big shopper but I always somehow spend tons of money on things I don't need at Target: like a hotdog costume for Miette. The only toy she has ever played with has been a squeaky hotdog the same size and color as her. I have seen pictures of hotdog costumes but never seen one in person. Well now I own one. I also purchased an itty bitty Winnie the Pooh pajamas for ages 0-6 months. I don't see how a person can be 0 months, but whatever. I know it is "bad luck" and all to buy things for the baby before the first trimester, but I needed some physical manifestation of you as right now you are so conceptual, like angels or Big Foot. I can't wait until the sonogram! The outfit has little etchings of Pooh eating honey and it says "Honey for a Bear" and "Yum Yum Honey." It comes with a little hat as well. Which in a way freaked me out because it reminds me of baby heads and how they roll about and the soft spot and how fragile they are. The end of the arms have this sewn-on bear mittens that I suppose keeps you from grabbing things or scratching yourself? Seems a little weird but I guess there is a good reason and I'm sure to find out what that reason is. I also finally acquired my strawberries! I have been craving them and normally hate strawberries so we will see where that road leads.

Pics:












Ok I know Sprout and his cross-eyes weren't relevant to this blog but I couldn't help it.

2 comments:

Gnome said...

Merks looks like she may attack you in your sleep for making her wear that costume. I'm just sayin'...

Mackadoodle said...

Yes I woke up last night not being able to breathe----Miette was holding a pillow over my face in revenge.