Tuesday, August 26, 2008

And we're off...

Nood,

So I didn't get to see you today. :( They said that you are too tiny to see at this point and gave me an appointment for a sonogram on September 12th. Boo. But the good news is that you do indeed exist (thanks to "clean catch urine" analysis), I love our doctor, I was brave during the blood test, and your father has been a huge help with taking notes and carrying all my stuff. Hehe. So the doctor took all our medical information, talked to us like people, and discussed the failing institution of today's medical insurance companies. It was great! We tested to see how much HCG you are pumping out into my bloodstream, and we are re-testing on Friday to make sure it is doubled and you are growing like you are supposed to be. This is your first test, little one, let's study hard.

And so you truly know what nerds your folks are, here are some pics we took on our first trip out to the doc:



This was on the garage level and indicates to which floor you should go in order to find your respective doctor. A man held the elevator for us until he realized what was happening, then he smiled and went up.


The door and our reflections. Hehe.



Me after the appointment is over...I hate needles so you know that I must love you!

So I have to say that while the realization that you exist has not entirely hit home, I am slowly coming to said awareness. I'd describe it as akin to having Miette in my shirt when she's sleeping, oddly enough. The times I notice you the most are when I am listening to music. It appears that you maintain an aural palate much different from mine. For instance, at Boston Market today I was totally rocking out to this soul/blues song and typically I wouldn't even notice that type of music. When there was similar music on NPR in Chris's car the other day I also rocked. Furthermore, while driving to the appointment, "The Dark Side of the Moon" came on and although I was never the type to get all funky while watching "The Wizard of Oz" to the "Dark Side of the Moon," I was all sorts of funky space psychedelic when it came on the radio. In fact I thought I was in a spaceship orbiting Mars, maaaaan.

Ok no, but I did put my hand up to the window. The sun rays were streaming through and warming the glass. As you will find out palms are not entirely flat and there are groves and mounds and lines and things. So not all of my palm was feeling the warmth of glass so I kept turning it in an attempt to warm the entire surface. I imagined after some time that this might be what being inside my belly is like. Whenever the time is right for you to grow your eyes and limbs I envision you seeing a reflection of the sun through my tummy, maybe even just in your dreams, and placing your hand against the warm dome of your underwater home in wonder and anticipation.

No comments: